Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Contentment

contentment
noun
satisfaction, gratification, fulfillment, happiness, pleasure, cheerfulness, ease, comfort, well-being, peace, equanimity, serenity, tranquility

I don't remember the last time I felt "content."

I've lived much of my adult life in a constant state of uneasiness; unsure of what tomorrow would bring or even how today would end. I know now, what I can expect of tomorrow and I take comfort in the knowledge that I won't have to defend my right to have my own opinion and that I can make my own decisions without being judged for them and suffering anyone else's disapproval.

I am at peace that the decisions I have made are the right ones for me and my children, and that the people I have allowed into my life are leaving a positive footprint behind. I know that my life is better today because Tim is a part of it, and I am certain that whatever Life throws at me, I can handle it - we can handle it - no problem is too big to be overcome.

I am content enough to sleep. I haven't slept well in years, but lately I've been falling asleep the moment my head hits the pillow. I'm not lying awake for hours unhappy and worrying, only to get up and sleep on the couch, the TV lulling me to sleep in the wee morning hours. I wake up refreshed and with a smile on my face, ready for whatever today may bring. Because I am the one piloting my life right now and that feels good.

I am at Peace. I am Happy. I am Content.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Could you please bottle some of that and send it my way?

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Can you package some of that up and send it to NY too? I'm so glad you are content.

Unknown said...

"Engine 3? Hey wait, I am on Engine 3, Where are they going? Oh crap i gotta get moving"(Paige can explain that one) Two of us are sleeping really well now, and very happy. Thank you Paige, You put a smile on my face everyday all day long. I am very content in my life now also. Yes we can both handle anything that life throws at us. We prove that daily. Tim

Paige said...

HA! Yes, some of us are sleeping so soundly that we're sleeping through the alarms at the fire station. And then our fellow firefighters have to wake us up to go......

Anonymous said...

Paige and Tim, I couldn't be happier for you two! Isn't spring and all it brings wonderful?? :)

Hugs to you and the kids, and
All the best,
Singing Lisa

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Dude, you're sleeping through the alarms? Don't you know that if you sleep that soundly the other firemen are going to draw on yoru face with markers and stuff? Beware.

Anonymous said...

This makes me smile, because for once, I completely relate. :)

Anything is Possible said...

Wowsa. The last time I slept through anything that loud, I was nine. So please, bottle it up and send it out!

Really so happy you are content. You absolutely deserve it. I'm angered by the thought of someone disapproving of your opinions. I always thought you had great opinions!

Tim- Wake up man! And keep responding to Paige's posts so we can all get to know you too.

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you! And for Tim. You deserve this happiness, Paige. It does my heart good to read about it. Now I just wish IN was closer to this freakishly small state that I live in...

Irish Eyes said...

Tim, nice to meet you, but if you don't mind, I need to have a word with your . . . um, girlfriend. PAIGE! I lost you for a while. You were gone then I was gone then I was locked into Vox reading Annie's posts and I couldn't get out. HELLO!

You sound great, and look fanfreakingtastic. Your hair is amazing and your handstand legs down in those seven days posts are awesome! I am glad to read that you're back in the swing of things because life looks to be agreeing with you. I hope your children are doing well.

Oh, and Tim, you're pretty cute. I'll be reading from now on as well as trying to get out of work on time. We'll see how this goes. . .