Thursday, January 18, 2007

On The Mend

He's better today - the burns aren't quite so weepy and his skin cells aren't dying at an alarming rate anymore. We can't remember the name of the cream they gave him in the ER (silver-something), so we're calling it Magic Cream around here. He smears it all over his face until it looks like he lost to a jar of marshmallow fluff, and it works like.... yup, you guessed it - MAGIC!

He's still in a lot of pain, but will go to school tomorrow anyway, after taking the maximum dose of Tylenol. Yay!

Thanks for all the well-wishes, positivity and prayers. Hugs all around!

8 comments:

MaryB said...

so so happy to hear relatively good news! Hope the pain subsides sooner rather than later though.

yay for Magic Cream!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that stuff you are talking about and it is magic. Parker burned his hand when he was a toddler and they gave us that and it healed it up so, so quick. And no scarring at all.

I am glad to hear he is on the mend. Keep us posted.

John said...

I just caught up on your site after being away!

I'm so sorry this happened, and I hope Dillon is feeling better by the day! Send him my get well.

My friend's family swears by vitamin E. When she got burned by dropping hot tea on her bare leg [granted not as bad as Dillon's burn] her mother had her use vitamin E.

They would smear the stuff on the burns about 2x a day, and now she has absolutely no scar.

This stuff is great for the skin, and I've had it prevent scarring for me, as well. It's really worth a try.

Keep us updated, Paige!

sarah doow said...

Wonderful news that you've found some magic!
More positive, non-scarring, good vibes for Dillon coming over the Atlantic from me.

Anonymous said...

I've heard fantastic things about Vitamin E too.

As well as that scar stuff that's out right now that I can't remember the name off. My best friend SWEARS by it.

Not that any of it will be necessary because he'll be FINE.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Poor Dillon. Prayers for speedy healing. Post some pix when he is able (and willing) to smile.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Paige. I so know this is not what you needed right now. Sorry I just caught up on blogs today and read the news.
Keep him doped as much as possible so he doesn't HAVE to feel much pain.
God Bless!!!
Nina

Brenda said...

We need updated pictures of the injured.