Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Lowdown

Things are be-boppin' along here (how do you spell be-boppin'?).

We have Good Days and Bad, mostly Good lately. Truthfully, I think we're all Bad Dayed out and simply exhausted. Getting divorced will make you skinny and wear your ass out; it will make you lose sleep and make that nervous-shortness-of-breath-issue you had last fall reappear. Ironically though, I haven't had a migraine in almost 6 weeks. My walk-in closet is twice as big, and now I have full-custody of the Big Dresser (for the past 16 years, I've gotten the Small Dresser on the grounds that my clothes are smaller - and perhaps the fact that I had less...).

Last weekend, I escaped the house alone (I KNOW! without Mac - who woulda thunk?) and spent it with Scientist-Lisa and Dr. Tim, talking, eating, drinking margaritas and martinis, playing Whack-a-Mole and Pokemon with Emma, marveling at the young lady that Kirsten has become, and petting Steve the Cat. It was an amazing retreat and I am so grateful for having such special friends. But I didn't take a single photo. You'll have to deal.

Speaking of photos, here are the updated photos of Dillon's face:


Marshmallow Fluff mask.



Scabby.



...and he's fine.



And... I cleaned out this bookcase in preparation for putting the house on the market. You didn't see it before, but it was double booked and stuffed tight. (Ha - get it? 'Double-booked.') Five boxes of books came out of here:


After T is gone later this week, the house will undergo a cleaning/organizing like you've never seen before. I'm a little excited about that. His clutter was in no small part a major factor in our insurmountable issues.

*Also, please notice the new email for Cartwheels At Midnight. Cartwheels@mac.com is now defunct as we had to separate out our .Mac account this week. (There's a lot of separating shared crap involved in divorce. I'm so glad my lazy ass didn't realize this earlier...)

6 comments:

Irish Eyes said...

I saw the bookcase before. I think there was actually more than one bookcase. It was unbelievable.

Hi Paige!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

So glad things are moving along. Also thrilled that Dillion is healing so well. His good looks unmarred. I can't even imagine the sorting/separating/packing that is occuring. I've seen those bookcases.

Glad you got away over the weekend. Hooray for the Scientist-Lisa family!

Taf. said...

Double-booked.

Fuckin' great! :)

Heh.

sarah doow said...

Wooh, look at Dillon! I'm so glad that he's ok :-)
Have fun with all the organising. I'm here ready with my marker pen to write on any boxes. Or anything. I just like writing on stuff.

Candi said...

I didn't know Marshmallow Fluff was the acceptable remedy for face burns. Who knew it healed so well?

I did mention no in-laws, right? I'm stuck on that one.

Brenda said...

Glad you got a breather.

Dillion is looking so good and with a smile!

Candi is stuck on the in-law thingy.... my ex in-laws won't even contact me, about anything! Not even when one of kids cousins was killed. Sad. Divorce their son and they forget you exist.

Good luck on the major organizing and cleaning-up. Wish we could all show up with brooms, mops and rags.