Saturday, August 09, 2008

Girl, Married.

On August 2nd, I married a dream.

Paige & Tim


His name is Tim and he's the man I thought didn't exist. Our similarities are striking. People just meeting us think we've been married forever. Those who have known us forever say that we were made for each other.

The ceremony was perfect. Casual and comfy, just like us. Our closest friends and family were there to share the perfectly cloudless day with us. We had the ceremony at the clubhouse and pool in Tim's parent's neighborhood. There was beer and soda and hamburgers, veggies and potato salad and cake. The mayor married us - the ceremony lasted 3 minutes - 7 minutes from walk in to walk out. More than one person there told us that we "got it right."

Here are some of my favorite photos from the day:

March

Babies in White
Mackenzie and My Nieces

Handshake
Tim & My Dad

Kiss

A Moment
A Moment Interrupted By 2 Goofballs

And at the end of the day, we went to our hotel room where we ordered a pizza, drank some wine and exchanged cards...

We Bought Each Other the Same Wedding Card

Perfect.

15 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I told you 2008 was the Year of Paige.

MaryB said...

annie - haha - so true!!!!

Paige - just absolutely breathtaking! You can feel the happiness right through the screen. Congratulations!!! No one deserves it more.

Was it hard to NOT be the photographer given your talents?

Brenda said...

YEA!! Pictues! You all look so happy and wow... just wonderful! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Blissful! I wish you every happiness.

Valerie

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And gorgeous!

3 minutes, now that's my kind of ceremony! Who really listens to all that other stuff anyway?

Anonymous said...

Oh, but the cards. Perfect.

Beautiful ceremony. Congrats!

Chris Cactus said...

Yay you! CONGRATULATIONS!!

John said...

Congratulations!

This is the type of wedding I dream of attending. Real quick, with beer and burgers at the end.

Well done : )

Anonymous said...

I am so, so happy for you! Reading this/seeing the pictures brought tears of joy to my eyes (the apple-melon-tini I am drinking probably helped a bit too, but I digress). I wish I could have been there to share in this joyful day. I wish you much happiness and joy forever and a day.

bethany actually said...

Congratulations to both of you! I love that the ceremony was so short and to-the-point. And I love that you both are clearly so happy. :-) I'm happy for you!

Paige said...

ANNIE!!! That's EXACTLY what Tim said when he read this post! You're gonna love him. :)

MB - It was SO hard to turn my camera over to my Aunt Jacque. But we all know I had no Time to be taking photos that day. And my Aunt Jacque did a wonderful job.

Thanks, everyone! It was a beautiful day and so, so perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding or a more well-suited partner. Happiness is wonderful and comfortable and worry-free. Nice.

Melody said...

Congratulations! You are inspiring.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, new here, from Melody's shout out. Loved the wedding pix, and will be checking in on you!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Our dearest Paige- what an amazing wedding- we LOVE you all so much and are simply bubbling over with joy and happiness for you both and your new family! Who knew you needed to go home to find each other?:) Congratulations, and here's to your new life together- you are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything is Possible said...

Paige and Tim...Congratulations. The pictures were just perfect. And beautiful. I'm so proud of you Paige. Here's to the 'year of Paige'!!!

P.S. OMG- I can't believe the cards. I mean, I can but it's so funny.