Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Puzzle Pieces, Found

On August 2nd, 2008, I will be marrying this man. I know in my soul that we were meant to be together. I knew it from before our meal was served on our very first date. He is the most thoughtful and compassionate man I have ever known. He is an amazing father to his sons and an incredible role model for Dillon and Mackenzie.

We are uncannily alike (beyond the fact that we share a birthday). Except for the unfortunate Sushi discrepancy, we have similar food likes and dislikes (milk, no; liver, yes), we watch the same shows (and share the same opinion of Reality TV). Our wardrobe leans towards the casual (jeans and t's thankyouverymuch). Our religious beliefs are in agreement (Catholics, lapsed). We have a tendency to take in strays (kids and all they drag along - the current count is 4 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, a snake, a fish, and a tarantula; 1 girlfriend, 1 wandering soul, and 2 friends who are always hungry).

He thinks my quirks are cute. I think his sincerity is stunning. He thinks my photography and writing are amazing. I think his chosen profession is admirable. Our children "get" one another. We fit perfectly together, like the last two pieces of an unfinished puzzle. I needed him and I didn't even know it. I thought I didn't need any man.

He is patient. He waited a year to ask me out; he waited until he sensed I was ready. He had a Three Day Plan to make me fall in love with him but he didn't even need one day. His Three Day Plan completely blew my Five Year (No Man) Plan out of the water and is an accomplishment he is very proud of this year.

I am Happy. It's been a long time since I've felt Happiness without fear or trepidation or waiting for the other shoe to drop. For the first time in my adult life, I feel like Happiness is not a temporary emotion. This Happy is for real. And it's here to stay.

28 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Jeez, I thought I'd bust before you told anyone. Yeah!! We love Happiness and Weddings and Good News! Patient and Quirky- perfect together.

sarah doow said...

Oh wow, Paige! Congratulations! Though if you listen carefully, you might just hear my cousin's heart breaking ;-) We missed you on 7 Days and I was concerned you might have been washed away. So to get this news is just great. I'm so happy for your happiness.

Paige said...

That is wonderful Paige!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Brenda said...

This is just fabulous! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what wonderful news! :-) I am so happy for you both! Congratulations to you and your families!

Anonymous said...

WOWwowwow!!!! Awesome news, and I wish you every happiness, Paige.

love, Valerie

Nina said...

You and your family deserve happiness and the best. To much love, laughter, and joy -- cheers!

poem friday said...

such great news. congratulations paige!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! (from sarahgrace from flickr 7days) So awesome you have found your missing puzzle piece!

Anonymous said...

Shock! Surprise! Congrats!

I completely understand what it is to find that in another person, and when it's right, it just Is. Congratulations on finding yours and your upcoming "nuptials". (What does that word mean anyway? It sounds kinda dirty.)

Anonymous said...

This is so totally awesome! I don't even think I can describe just how much. Absolutely thrilled for you all!!

shrmgal said...

P and I are so excited for you and Tim. Sure hope we can meet him some day. Best of wishes to both your families.

MaryB said...

Such happy happy news! Congratulations! The smile on your face and the sparkle in your eyes say it all!

Anonymous said...

hey mama
i would leave some sappy comment but i already know all this : ) so instead ill ask who our wandering soul is?

love mac.

Anonymous said...

oops i messed up the smiley face
: )
there we go!

Paige said...

Hey, Noodle-Baby. It's Scott.

Hey, Everyone else!

Thank you for your well-wishes and comments. Things are Good and Happiness abounds here.

Chris Cactus said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So very happy for you and your loved ones.

John said...

God in heaven.

I need NEED to keep on track with things so I don't randomly find out about this stuff weeks later!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

So obviously all the wedding plans are going up on the blog, right?

Anything is Possible said...

Congratulations Paige and Tim! I had a feeling we'd see a post like this soon. We're all extremely happy for you!!

How can you NOT like sushi? It's great with a glass of milk. Kidding.

Brooke said...

A big congrats to you both...SO happy for you!!

Claire said...

What a lovely post! Am thinking of you both at this exciting time :-)

Cxx

Brenda said...

CONGRATULATIONS wish we could all be there today.

Anything is Possible said...

Congrats Paige and Tim! Can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, Tim and the whole big happy family. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing all about the wedding. Love to all of you. Liz and Pat

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I too can't wait to see the photos!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I am with the others. Where are the stinkin' photos already? My imagination will only sustain me for just so long. And then I'll just start making up absurd pictures. Like everyone in Speedos with little plastic fire hats on. Spare my mind's eye and get us the goods.

ps-did you get my voicemail?

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

YEAH!! Pictures! You all look so happy and wonderful. I so wish I couls have been there. I'm so jealous Bec got to celebrate with you.