Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bob? or BOB...

Last week, Tim and I were standing in line at CVS when he said, "Oh! Your daughter needs batteries for her Bob*!" I looked at him while that sentence processed and my mouth began to crack into an hysterical smile and the giggling started. Simultaneously, he realized what he had said, and while the woman in line ahead of us pretended to ignore the fact that we were slowly losing control of our composure, we started laughing so hard that I had to cross my legs so as to not pee myself. And the more I tried to control my giggling, the more I pictured Tim buying batteries for his step-daugher's vibrator, and the more hysterical I became until I was practically bent over at the waist paying for our batteries and other random crap.

We left the store looking in our rear-view mirror for Child Services.

Funny. As. Hell.

*Bob, in this case is an alarm clock. Not a Battery Operated Boyfriend. We are liberal here, but not THAT liberal.

9 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I have been to your home and I have no comment. :)

That being said, Sam loves the bob clock here at Grandma's. He's the only one who can set the alarm and no one know how to turn it off.

I'm so glad the tradition of stories-that-Mac-will-tell-in-therapy-someday has not ended. You may have to shop at a new CVS. And dodge your coworkers who want to move Mac into a "more suitable home environment."

Bec said...

I am thinking that you may be able to market something crossing Bob with BOB. You could set Bob and wake up to BOB! Or BOB,BOB,BOB,BOB,BOB!

Brenda said...

ditto Annie:..."stories-that-Mac-will-tell-in-therapy-someday has not ended."

too funny!

MaryB said...

I'd leave a comment, but I can't type and wipe the tears from the hysterical laughing at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Well I was sitting here thinking "Well, that sounds like Paige's house..."

Chris Cactus said...

Ha! Awkward!

John said...

You are dirty. Dirty dirty dirty.

I had no idea what the hell a BOB was until I read your note at the bottom.

But this makes me want to have an awesome dinner laced with tons of bottles of wine with you. Because you're dirty.

: )

Paige said...

YUP! Still makes me laugh, every time I think about it. :)

John. You should def come over for wine. We are fun.

Anonymous said...

did you watch Practical Magic without me? Ali