Monday, September 08, 2008

That Which Can Be Vacuum Wrapped

Following is an account of the crazy stuff that goes on here...

Tim has a Seal-A-Meal.


He loves it. I do not have a Seal-A-Meal because I don't like stuff that will clutter up my cabinets. Also, don't like stuff that has parts (for example, the bags) that will run out and cause me to have to replace them. Because I hate going to the store. Especially going to the store to find some obsolete item that I have no idea where it is and then I might have to talk to a store employee and I really just don't want to do that. (Also, I almost accused it of being As Seen On TV, and I hate all things As Seen On TV, but Tim read this and called me out on it because it was Not Seen On TV and then I had to edit.)

Anyway, when Tim moved in, he brought his Seal-A-Meal. He asked if he could (because he's sweet like that), and I told him, "Of course you can bring it. (Because I, too, am sweet like that.)"

...As long as he left his recliner at his old house.

(He did.)

Unfortunately, we had nothing to seal when the Great Sealing Inquisition began during dinner one night. (Started by Mac because she had never heard of a Seal-A-Meal and was amazed by the magical invention and was curious as to how it worked). So Tim jumped up from the dinner table, grabbed the unit out of the cabinet, found the last of the bags, and was ready to seal. But what to seal? There were not 25 pounds of extra pork chops lying around...

Fortunately, we had just been to Sam's where we purchased the industrial size bag of Peanut M&M's and they were just begging to be sealed up in glorified freshness so that 2500 years from now explorers will find it buried beneath 10 feet of soil build-up and open the bag and lo and behold, they will be able to sample an ancient M&M just as fresh as the day it was sealed...


And also, some Pepto Bismol. Which I pointed out was already sealed for freshness, but whatever. No one listens to me.

Mac wanted to know what would happen if they sealed a PB&J:


Gross.

Then Joe was making fun of how dopey the Family was being and then made the unfortunate decision to leave the room. So they sealed his phone:




Living here is much like living in a fraternity house. You should watch your back (and phone) at all times.

Addendum: What you can't see here as I did not photograph it is that while Tim and I were out later, Joe retaliated by Seal-A-Mealing Tim's razor, toothbrushes, deodorant, one of my bras, and a thong. But I won in the end when I pointed out to him that he touched my underwear which he won't even touch as it comes hot out of the dryer, stating that it is gross.

...Boys.

8 comments:

sarah doow said...

I expect officials in your state are just relieved that all the madness is contained, or should I say "sealed", within one house now, rather than being spread across two.

Brenda said...

I've always wanted one of those, but could never justify the purchase. And you have 'sealed' it for me. Now I really don't need one. :-)

bethany actually said...

So basically, it's just a toy for big people? ;-)

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I'm so glad to hear that the quality of humor in your life has not changed. Wait until they start sealing up stuff that is really important. Like dead bugs...

Paige said...

I answered the phone this morning to hear my sister laughing on the other end:

"What are you laughing about?"

"SEAL-A-MEAL!" To which I had to laugh.

"You read my post?"

"You guys are such dorks! ... But Joe totally deserved to have his phone sealed."

Sarah - That's no joke. Joe claims to be embarrassed to bring friends home because we are so weird and non-traditional. I suspect he secretly loves it. :)

Brenda - Don't discount the Fun Factor.

Bethany - You have NO idea.

Annie - The hilarity is not gone. There are just more participants now. And also, WHO would have ever thunk that I'd find a partner who not only appreciates my Alternative Parenting Style but has a so completely similar style? Amazing.

Also. No dead bugs.

John said...

I think that if anyone of your Sealers reads this Paige, they will immediately consider dead bugs. So I guess prepare yourself.

You know what would be awesome? If you someone pranked them and sealed the sealer.

Chris Cactus said...

You guys are awesome. I would so Seal-A-Meal everything I could get my hands on. I'm 12.

Anonymous said...

I was waiting to see if someone seal-a-mealed BOB ;-).