Monday, February 18, 2008

Oliver

This is Oliver.

He belongs to Mackenzie. She adopted him from the local Petsmart. He is a "young adult" kitty and the sweetest of the sweetest of all the cats she held. There was the hissing one, and the one with the twitchy tail; there was the one who had been "treated for tapeworms", and the big giant calico one who rubbed his head against her hand, but then sunk his claws into her shoulder. Oliver was the first kitty she held and the one she went back to in the end. They were meant for each other.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks very content in his new home! Congratulations to Mackenzie and Oliver. I really like that name, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Aww! You're making me miss my kitties! He's CUTE. Did the name come with him?

How's Taiko?

Paige said...

She named him. He was formerly known as Cat 277.

Cat, 2; Taiko, 0 (During one of these matches, Oliver actually drew blood. My dog is a Nancy.)

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

My first thought was, "And what, exactly, does Taiko think of all of this?" I gather he is totally unimpressed. I am not surprised he's losing. But remember, he's kinda old and sickly, not just a Nancy. Poor Taiko.

Oliver is adorable. So glad he and Mac found each other. No one likes a hissing cat.

Anything is Possible said...

Oliver is very sweet! I love the name also.

Remember Winki? She drew blood on Goose and Newman! Goose still has scars on his belly. They are just sweet little dogs and would never attack a cat. Taiko is the same way I'm sure. (We finally had to declaw Winker. I still feel ashamed but it was necessary for the dogs' well being.)

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful!

Paige said...

Rach - Poor Doggies! Tyke knows how they feel. I seriously considered rescuing only a cat that had been declawed as I didn't want to have the procedure done myself, but didn't want to have to deal with the scratching or dog-mauling either. But we didn't even see any that had been declawed.