Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And I Had Always Heard That Hell Was Hot


Today's high was 55. The wind chill is currently -20. Sandwiched in between this bi-polar weather was a period of high winds, thunderstorms, hail, and a tornado watch.

Currently, there is a layer of snow outside covering up a layer of ice.

Dillon went to class tonight at 6pm with his sun roof open. After class at 8pm, he went outside and opened his car door to find his car apparently sopping wet. Guess who left his sunroof open during the thunderstorm...

Adding insult to injury, the temperature plummeted and it froze before he got out of class. He had to drive home sitting on a layer of ice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is not funny and yet I find myself laughing.

It is a skating rink here too. J is happy that both of her schools are closed. That does not happen too often.

Good luck to Dillon on defrosting/drying his car out.

Mahala said...

I'll never forget the time my boss left his pretentious little convertable parked with the top down. It came a gullywasher. I laughed 'til I peed.

Brenda said...

Bummer... Dillon.... but I can't stop laughing either.

Anything is Possible said...

I can't believe how crazy the weather is in your neck of the woods. Yesterday St. Louis also had tornardo watches, warm weather and then snow. You're always welcome to come here. It's 60 and feels like 60. The sun is shining, birds are singing, Bug is sleeping. Peaceful.

Anonymous said...

Heheheheheh!

I bet you had a good laugh over that one too.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

That'll learn him. You paying big bucks for that college education of his?

And of course it's cold in Hell. Haven't you read Dante?