Sunday, October 28, 2007

Schooled By A Toddler

So. I'm driving through Americus, IN.

There is a truck trying to make a left-hand turn into The Restaurant in Americus. I could pass on the shoulder on the right, except for the chicken...


...pecking at the side of the road.

A few hours later, I had a two-year-old girl-baby in my car that I was transporting to a visitation. We were chatting away, when I said, "Look, K*****! A green tractor!" (It was a John Deere out in a half-harvested corn-field.)

"Yes, a green Tractor!"

A half-a-mile down the road, I saw a red one:

"Look, K*****! A RED tractor!"

"That's not a tractor. That's a combine."

And she was right.

7 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You'll neveer earn your John Deere hat at this rate...

sarah doow said...

I would still have counted that as sass and made her walk behind the car the rest of the way.

Anonymous said...

How freakin' funny!

BTW...I am thinking grilled chicken would have been nice.

Brenda said...

How funny!

And what kind of word is my 'word verification' ...cxchzwac Sounds like some weird breed of dog.

Anything is Possible said...

I'm impressed. That actually looked like a healthy chicken and not like ANY of the chickens I've seen driving off to chicken heaven (and my refrigerator). I bet it was a free range chick. I knew I paid more for a good reason!!!

Tell that tot that city girls don't care about tractor/combine differences. It's the important things in life we want to remember, like the different between MAC's lustre glass and plush glass. Much more important.

Irish Eyes said...

I've been gone for a while because I moved to Arlington and don't have internet yet!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Keep truckin'!

Brenda said...

Did you fall off the face of the earth.... or get stuck behind a tractor?