Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Low-Down

Seriously. Can we talk about how you working people do it? How do you work and cook and read and hang out with your kids and go to dive meets and clean the bathroom and do laundry? I haven't read a book since I started working. I haven't knit a scarf and here it is Winter (or at least Fall, and getting damn chilly). I should be balancing my checkbook right now. I have no idea how much money is in there, but I am certain it isn't much. I've been working 5-6 days a week, and usually house-hunting on one of my days off. But I can't make a damn decision so I'm still just hunting and driving my realtor batty. I thought I forgot to pay my my Verizon Wireless bill, so I paid it twice. Now I'm ahead. By $130. Someone hit Dillon's car in the parking lot of his school, while he was in class, and his car's been in the shop all week. Two-thousand dollars damage (rear bumper, tail-light, and fender). The police can't do anything about it with no witnesses.

Seriously. The kid has the Worst Luck.

I have to do two visitations and a transport tomorrow, to the tune of 13 hours and 230 miles. I've put almost 2,500 miles on Lucy in 6 weeks, and am almost due for another oil change. The kids both need teeth cleanings, but I haven't gotten around to checking my calendar and making the appointments. It's on my short list - to do this week (assuming I remember).

I keep thinking of great subjects to blog - funny things I saw, things that made me laugh.... But by the time I get home, I can't remember them. At. All. By the time I get home, my mind is blank. Maybe I'll get one of those Little Tiny Voice Recorders. Like on late night AsSeenOnTV commercials. Haven't you seen them? Because I can't write notes while driving on a two-lane country road. I've tried.

I'm still just hanging on by a thread, but my issues are less Emotional Hullaballoo and more just Regular Old Busy at the moment. I'm spread thin, but feel stronger than I have in years. I'm tired as Hell, but happier than I can remember being. I have a deadline in my head for a move-out date, whether it's into my Own Home or into a Rental. I haven't exactly concluded where yet, though I'm getting closer to a decision.

So it's all good.

A little crazy, but good.

7 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Sounds like you are pretty well moved into your new life. You're going to grow roots in Lucy though. When you get a moment and two free brain cells, call me.

Candi said...

A-Men.

I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Crazy is good. I live there. I think we are in good company.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your are happy even with all you are doing. Liz

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Bec said!

Anonymous said...

Hey. Blogs come last here, too. I'm the same - think of lots of things to say during the day, but find that my brain has been sucked out with a straw by the end of the school day. NOTHING to say, except maybe meaningless gibber.

Valerie (took me three goes to spell my name correctly. See what I mean?)

Brenda said...

Crazy is a great place to be. I haven't read a book since Mexico. Laundry is the hardest thing for me to complete. I just get it started and something comes up, so wet clothes sit in the washer for an extra day. And fortunately it is fall and I only have one lawn mowing and I can put the mower away for winter. But, I wouldn't trade any of it for what I had before.