Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Flamingos

Really, bottom line, I haven't had much to say. I've had a lot on my mind, making the Blogging thing seem a little banal (which, let's face it, it is). But I have saved up a few tidbits to share with everyone in Internetland:

A) I have a weird v-configuration between my bottom teeth which allows for the teeniest, tiniest tastebud on the tip of my tongue to get caught between them. Then I pull. It hurts like a MoFo. Then it's all swollen, making it that much more likely to happen again. And again. And again. It's starting to make me cranky.

2) This is the paper tag that came off Mac's skein of green eyelash yarn:



I do not understand how ANYONE at that company could fail to realize that their yarn-holder-togetherer looks like an erect penis.

C) I finally broke down and gave Dog a bath on Saturday. He was about 3 weeks past odiferous.

Dog before bath:


"You can't see me..."


Dog after bath:




D) Our Christmas tree is up in the living room, but this is what makes me terrifically happy:



And lastly) This one counts as a twofer. It's my "Self-Portrait Saturday," combined with a photo of the super-soft scarf that I knitted myself:

12 comments:

Candi said...

Someone at the yarn factory is very bored and is completely fucking with you. Literally.

You. Knitted. A. Scarf?!?! Shut up!

And the flamingos... Do you know, OshKosh had a footed fleece jammie set for a baby girl with embroidered flamingos, and I had to stop myself from buying 10. Seriously. I can't buy your grandkids fleece footed jammies yet. Yet.

Paige said...

You did NOT just use the G-word in the same sentence as me.

I know you didn't.

Anonymous said...

Glad you stopped by. Miss you when you're gone. Impressed by your knitting "skillz". Tomorrow's the big day. . . the beginning of the dryest time in my life *in more than one way*.

Anonymous said...

A. Personally I like how you went from A to 2 to C. I don't feel so alone in the world when I find other people doing things like that.

2. That yarn tag looks like it was designed by someone who was working their notice.

C. Cool scarf. (Cue my parents making some hilarious "actually it looks very warm" joke)

DebbieDoesLife said...

And, when did the hair get so dark? Even though you wear it well darling.

Love the yarn skein penis.

And the dog pics. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Love the flamingos!

What country did this yarn come from?

Poor dog....wanna trade? I have 5 cats I refuse to bathe. I just make the girls do it. They come out of the bathroom wounded.

Anonymous said...

Dog looks adorable {super clean that is considering the other pic is of dog's dirty behind :) }

Very nice scarf...right about now is the time to take ours out. That is until next week when the schizophrenic weather gives us the 70 degree days again.

Anonymous said...

I can't do shit and YOU have been knitting???? Jeez. I AM a piece of shit - it's official.

I just now blogged over at my place - really behind on the times. This new blogger beta deal is kicking my ass.

Sorry for the cuss words. It's the one point of emotion I can handle.

Nice scarf, nice clean dog ass, pink flamingos, and pink penises. haha

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

That yarn holder is priceless. Moreso when I think about what my Grandma's reaction would have had she opened that package, as it were.

Baby Taiko dog. Good thing he's small enough to pick up and bathe.

Love the scarf. I'm very impressed. Who knew you were so handy and crafty with yarn?

Bron is going to covet your flamingos.

Anonymous said...

I've felt the same kind of "blah" feeling about blogging lately. It's not because I don't have things to say as much as I simply lack the time. I love that picture of you. The yarn you used...is that Lyon's brand "Homespun"? I'm knitting a scarf right now in a color called "Sunshine State".

Candi said...

BUBBLES - I should have bought her little one the flamingo and not for your 20 year off offspring...

Noticed no one touched that one...

Paige said...

Sarah~ Your parents are funny... like mine are funny...

Debbie~ This is my natural color. I am Lazy and Cheap.

Brenda~ Italy. Figures.

Annie~ You have no idea. I have a pattern for a beer koozie. :)

Wordgirl~ YES! I have that Sunshine State too and will be utilizing it next. Right now, I'm using the blue, yellow, green and red in stripes. You know. For, like, a party on my neck.

Candi~ I think they're afraid of me taking my ball and going home again. :)