Monday, November 13, 2006

Things I Learned This Weekend

1) The human head does, in fact, weigh 8 pounds. (Or a little over 8, if you're a kid with a jumbo melon, like Mackenzie. Don't go feeling sorry for her, either, that I would say that. If her head came out your vagina you would have an opinion too.) Evidence:

Dog has never seen this behavior before and does not understand:



Observe how it actually says "NINE Pounds":


2) When you tell your kids they can't do anything on Saturday until the house is all cleaned up, you will get two little tornadoes of washing, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, even clothes-folding like you've never seen before. Thanks, kids!

C) When the girls (Singing-Lisa and I) start winning at Hand & Foot, we never stop and will stomp the boys into pulpy little piles of flesh and bone. Because we are AWESOME! Girls rule and boys drool!

4) The day after all the leaves are blown off your lawn is the day that the wind picks up and every single oak in your yard drops every single leaf right back on it. (But I am not bitching, I am just saying. It's a fact.)

5) If you want to make some excellent Crawfish Etouffee, you should talk to Emeril. He knows what he's talking about. I did change it a bit because I cannot follow directions. First of all, I doubled this recipe. I added some garlic, salt & pepper, and some chipotle red pepper flakes. I didn't make it too spicy so Mac could enjoy it, and just put some Tabasco on the table. I served it over Basmati rice. There is none left.

6) The Wizard of Oz never gets old. It was on TBS last night and I may or may not have watched it one-and-a-half times back-to-back.

7) Mackenzie likes The Colbert Report. (I didn't technically learn this until just now, but I think it's just a good thing to know.)

10 comments:

Candi said...

4) HELLO! I know! We did the same damned thing!

Hehehe, Mac and her orange on a toothpick....

Anonymous said...

I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!

Last night I had two glasses of wine over like five hours. While making/eating dinner. I was never drunk. I woke up this morning and felt a combo of sick and hung over and confused. I don't really usually get any of those even after a heavy night. Looked at the bottle just now: Contains Sulfites.

I'm like you only minus the vagina comments.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

1. Mac's head is so heavy cause she's got all those brains in there. Those are heavy, man!
6. I watched it this weekend too. I never noticed how whiney Dorothy is before.

Beth Fish said...

Jumbo melons unite! I have a melonhead myself, so Mac and I have to stick together.

Anonymous said...

Head poundage.... hummm interesting.

You can never watch enough Wizard of Oz. Munchkins are very funny when you a tad drunk, but I have only heard that... (uh..huh)

sarah doow said...

Mac must have at least a pound of hair on her head. Or maybe the extra pound is what makes her so damned photogenic.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Wizard. I have the dvd that shows shows how the cyclone was made out of giant sheets of muslin. Even knowing that, it's still chilling to watch.

Anonymous said...

Crawfish Etouffee

Just reading those words makes me miss the Gulf Coast and my father's cooking.

And yes, The Colbert Report is fantastic.

DebbieDoesLife said...

You are so right about the leaves falling off the trees! I give up after a certain point.

How does one accurately weigh an attached human head? My head is turning just like your dogs.

Hate Emeril. Love his recipes.

Candi said...

You doing OK??