Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Outnumbered Mom

Have you met my sister Alison?


She is my beautiful baby sister, almost 4 years younger. She lives in Indiana, in our hometown, with her husband and 3 baby girls. She is a stay-at-home mom, an exerciser and a scrapbooker, a volunteer and a coffee-cluber. She is a chef and a laundress, a princess wrangler and a financial planner.













She is funny and sassy; she is curious, energetic, and adventurous. She is thoughtful and caring and compassionate. She makes dinners for friends who have babies and will give you clothes and toys, and go buy necessities at Target if you lose your house, along with your wordly possesions in a fire.

When we're together, we make margaritas and gourmet meals. We create jewelry at my mom's kitchen table and share ideas. We cry over Practical Magic and Steel Magnolias, or laugh with The Birdcage. We go to Super-Target, stopping at the Starbucks in the front of the store before wandering around, finding all sorts of great stuff we don't need. We take our girls to the "Library Store" and let them shop while we hit the starbucks counter (see a theme here?).













We drive to Indianapolis and wander the streets of downtown with our Aunt Jacque, stopping at the mall and ... you guessed it! Starbucks.

This super-fun sister of mine decided we don't talk enough because I don't like the phone (for real -she said that- just ask her). But I DO like the computer, and they just added another computer to their house. So. She created a blog called Outnumbered Mom just so we could have contact on a daily basis.

You should go meet her. I think you'll like her.

5 comments:

Candi said...

Somehow I think she and I will get along just fine... :)

Brenda said...

You had me at 'Practical Magic'. My sister and I love this movie! My sister is 6 yrs younger than me.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I've already been by to visit. She left me a comment the other day. And, my God, she is right about you and the phone.

Nina said...

Awww. Lil' Sis.
She is also just as gorgeous as you - your parents are great baby makers.

Ericka said...

I'm going to add her my list of Super-cute bloggers.

Great, now I have more blogs to catch up on.

PS. My verification word is trvarb. I kind of feel trvarb today. How fitting.