Friday, July 09, 2004

Boogers and Fillings and Flights, Oh MY!

A special entry (when I should be cooking and cleaning for Happy Hour tonight) for my Girlfriend, Bronwyn...

So. A couple of weeks ago, I got a summer cold. (Which, by the way, is an oxymoron.*) It has morphed into a sinus infection, and I have the same slime that was on Ghostbusters colonizing in my head. (Ewww.)

**Another oxymoron: Miraclesuit. If you're so big that you need a "miracle", then maybe a swimsuit's not the answer.

I'm just sayin'.

And. Yesterday I was goofing off all day long and never really ate anything, until I did a drive-by on a tube of Pringles. I ate one. ONE. And broke a cusp off a back molar. It was 4:10pm. Dental closes at 4pm. The duty dentist didn't want to deal with it and asked me to call back at 7:15 this morning. Having not eaten anything all day, I was hungry, and cranky and needed a margarita. But with all the cold involved in frozen beverages, I didn't think that was a good idea and went and got take-out mashed potatoes from Smokey's. (Again, Ewww.)

Anyway. Fastforward to 7:15am They tried to make me an appointment for NEXT MONDAY at 10:15am. OR, if I didn't like that option, I could just come into the Dental Clinic and wait around until someone cancelled an appointment and they would work me in. Well, I was starving, and bitchy, and kept saying things like, "So you want me to come in there now, and sit around until what? 10:30? 2:30? maybe 3:30? until maybe someone cancels an appointment , and then maybe someone can see me?" Do you know what her reply was?

"Well, surely someone can see you, and if not, it's no problem to take you after hours at 4."

"After hours! I tried that yesterday! They wouldn't see me!" She asked me if I knew why.

She must have sensed I was near the breaking point and suggested that I wait at home and they would call me if someone cancelled their appointment. (FYI: I live 3 (THREE) minutes away from the clinic.)

Sold! They called at 9:20, I was back home at 10:20. They made it one massive filling and I'll have to have it crowned when we get back stateside.

My girlfriend, Annie, who lives on Okinawa, has been trying to catch a MAC (civilian translation: free) flight up here for the last 2 days. She has been to her Air Terminal 3 times so far, and I'm as-I-type waiting for a call from her telling me whether or not she got on the most recent one. There's one more tomorrow morning.

Keep your fingers crossed...

No comments: