Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Three Weeks of Summer Break Gone...

Good Lord, I haven't felt like writing lately. I don't know why. I love writing. Maybe it's the heat. Or the kids always being home - or with me, at least, wherever we are. Maybe the long hours of daylight. My favorite time to write was after dinner but before Tater came home. With summer here, that is all out of whack! We're part vampire here, so we're up all hours of the night, and then sleeping in until 9 or so. We should get a handle on that.

Since school got out, here's what we've been doing:

Brownies went to Disney Sea: It was OK – don’t need to go back.

Went to a Chopin piano concert with Hiroko: Nice, but lots of yawning.

Noodle & I went to a Brownie Family end of the year picnic: Tater had a situation at work.

Saw Harry Potter: A bit disappointing.

Went to dinner at a little Italian restaurant to celebrate the girls in the club with June Birthdays: Yum.

Friday night had dinner here: Fun but I didn't like the new salad I made.

Saturday Noodle & I went to Enoshima Aquarium with Hiroko: Fun.

Sunday Noodle & I took an MWR tour to Tokyo Summerland with Rachelle & Torrey: Fun but overcast and not-so-hot.

...and Today, we ran around Machida shopping and eating at T.G.I.Friday's: Gap & Cajun Chicken Salad. Yum.

We've been a tad busy, but not really, compred to if we had school to attend. The rainy season has been very mild so when we haven't been doing that grocery-list of activites above, we've been at the pool. It did rain one day. I spent the entire day, from morning till dinner, organizing my recipes. I need more rainy days. For photos, files, closets...we'll pack out in October. I need to be organized.

I have something on my mind, but can't articulate it now. I need time to think. Until then, please keep my best friend, Jen, in your prayers. She has hit a rough patch.

No comments: