Saturday, June 12, 2004

Saturday Schizophrenia

After Rain and Gray Skies for several days, we woke up to Sunshine this morning! (The more and more I ponder my love of sunshine, the more I understand my adoration of Southern California.) I puttered and laundered until the sun reached my backyard and then took my book and basked, like a lizard, in the full glory of the sun. Until I got too hot. (And I didn't want to put on my bikini, due to my extra 15 pounds and my crazy-ass neighbors - separate, but equally annoying issues.) Then the clouds rolled back in, and we are again in the midst of the Kanto Plain Rainy Season. ICK.

From October to May I read NO (yes, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH) books. I was busy. A horrible, horrible atrocity, I know. But since April I have happily read...7? 8?...or so books. I rekindled the frenzy with"The Lovely Bones" and "The Tao of Pooh", then I had to read "Glorious Appearing" because it came out. I took a useless, sexy novel to Hawaii (so useless, that I don't even remember the name or plot!), and finished it there, then read "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume on the plane ride back, then read "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown in quick succession, and then devoured the "Three Sisters Trilogy" (more sex and sizzle) by Nora Roberts. I am making up, all at once, my winter-reading dry-spell. My only problem now, is trying to decide if I should read "Anna Karenina", which I have been trying to read now for 4 years, because Oprah has chosen it for her most recent selection, and I could probably scam off her notes, or read "The Dogs of Babel" (Carolyn Parkhurst), which I picked up in the bookstore because it looked interesting, or "The Rapture of Canaan" (Sheri Reynolds), simply because I haven't read it yet. OH, the indecision!!!

An on a separate, but equally schizophrenic note, I have sound blaring at me from every corner of my house tonight. D and Matt are 8 feet away, in the playroom, playing X-Box, which is howling and screaming in game-language; Tater is in the living room watching Crime TV, which I CANNOT believe I'm not also watching, because, lets face it, I'm a Crime Junkie; and I'm at the Mac typing an entry and listening to my music library -right now playing Michelle Branch, singing "Sweet Misery"- how apropos. Noodle and Twist are up in my bedroom watching "Ice Age", which I can't hear, but neither can I go up there to escape the chaos...

Maybe another glass of Shiraz...

No comments: