Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Baby Steps

For heaven's SAKES, it's been a long time.

Partly because I've been so busy doing silly, mindless, chore-like things that would be very difficult to turn into an amusing story, and partly because it's been so long since I wrote anything down that I don't hardly even know where to start.

Mom left last Thursday (the 14th). It was a very, very, sad day, but not as sad as the partings over the last 4 years. This time I know I will be back in The States soon, and there is light at the end of the tunnel. We spent her last week here doing low-key things, but still, it seems like the time just flew by and we didn't get to savor it.

Since then, I have been busy catching up on the things one neglects for 2 weeks while guests are in town. Top o' that list...Dust Bunnies. The hair, dog fur and dust congregate here at an alarming rate. They congregate and then retreat into the shadows, organizing, until it is too late, and they have the upper hand. They have some sort of early warning system, and when they see me coming, retreat further, where my Swiffer cannot reach, until I turn my back and then, there they are again! Where I have just swept!

My Dust Bunnies are mocking me.

Next, I raise the stakes to the vacuum...

Also, laundry. The laundry you don't bother to do during vacation. Bath mats, sheets, hand towels, floor rugs...stuff that takes half-a-day to dry. That explains a couple days, right there.

Balancing the checkbook.

Who am I kidding??? I haven't done that yet. Soon though. Maybe tomorrow.

Right now I have to get to Yoga.

"Baby steps".

My motto for the week.

No comments: