Thursday, November 13, 2003

The Day Winter Came to Tokyo

Well. Winter has come to Tokyo. For the first time this year, I've felt the need to add more layers all day long. I just couldn't get warm. And I was planning on working in my garden for the last time this season. That doesn't sound too fun right now. I'd rather curl up with a good book, some Starbucks, and call it a day.

It seems that the years are just flying by now. Somehow, I've acquired a 14 year old son, Dillon, and an 8 year old daughter, Mackenzie. But in my mind's eye, I'M still just a girl. I see my kids doing the things that I still think I should be doing, and it surprises me that I'm not attending sports banquets, or writing papers, or going to dances. I blink, and another season has passed.

I found a grey hair last April. Pulled it out, but just noticed it has returned (thankfully alone), to remind me that I can't stop time.

But if we could stop time, would we really want to???

No comments: