Saturday, August 11, 2007

Let's Get This Out of the Way First...

Before we get this party train back on track, I need to backtrack a bit:

San Diego

San Diego was wonderful. I was able to relax and read and just chill out for a bit, which was the intention in the first place. We went to a BBQ at Brain and Lisa's, and had a Cherry Girl Reunion at Angie's. I played with Sam, learned about The Backyardigans and the Wonder Pets, took walks, went to the beach, and ate in all my favorite restaurants. The only thing to dampen our spirits was the fact that Annie came down with a combo sinus infection/migraine, which TKO'ed her for 5 days. But she's ok now and we still had a great time. (Even though I missed seeing Emily. But I'll see her next time.) Oh. And I had to stay an extra day because the brakes on my plane broke and there were no other flights home. So BACK to the airport Annie came, she rescued me and we went shopping instead. Also, I have no photos to appease you with because I forgot my camera. You'll just have to use your imagination.

I got home on Tuesday, the 30th, turned 40 later that week, and...

Missouri



...remained in town until Saturday the 4th, when Mom, Dad, Alison, Sydney, Mackenzie and I all piled into Alison's van and headed to a camp near Branson, MO, where we dropped Sydney off for the week. We stopped in Rosebud, MO (Population 364) to visit dad's friend, Will and his daughter, Renee, and I was bitten by a horse. It was just a nibble, though. The bruise is almost gone now. I do have a (slightly blurry) photo of that:




School

Dillon is signed up for classes at the Comunity College and Mackenzie is registered for 7th grade. They both start on August 20th, and both seem to be looking forward to it.

Work

Dillon has found a job at the local Pizza Joint.

I have found nothing. But I'm working on it...

Play

Dillon has been hanging out with his friends Big Tony and Number 19, and bought his first car after we got here:


Mackenzie has had dive practice every weekday where she has met several brand new friends and she dove in her first meet here on the 1-meter board (placed 5th out of 19) and the 3-meter board (placed 5th out of 6) and had a great time.

When I'm not scouring the web for a job, I have been lurking around with my camera taking pictures, playing with my mom and my sister quite a bit, I saw the Harry Potter movie yesterday, and had lunch today with Joyce and Christine, 2 (I almost said "old" but we are Not Old) friends from high school.





I think that's it. Do you have any questions before we move on?

I'll post my birthday photos soon, but most of them are on Dad's computer because my camera battery was dead and I'll need to transfer them to mine.

OH! And also, Happy Second Birthday, Lauren! I just realized it was the 11th today! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see your happy blog again! I love the new pictures...beautiful bracelet, very nice new car, great looking kids, and a not so pretty horse bite. I don't even want to know why your arm was in a horse's mouth.

Hey, you know my hometown is in St. Louis right? I was right there under that arch enjoying a concert by Ani Difranco around the end of July!! Let me know if you ever find yourself in StL again.

Rach

MaryB said...

Im SO glad that you are back!!!! A little ray of sunshine:)

Im so sorry i did not get a gift to your virtual bday party. Situations here demanded that real life stop for a while, but I am reentering the world of "normal" now. I'll make it up to ya!

You are as gorgeous as ever! blurry or not.

Hopefully, the EvilQueen snapped a few pictures before the sinus/migrane debacle...

Paige said...

Thanks girls for the warm welcome and the super-sweet compliments. I'm glad to be back too. It was incredibly disorienting to try to write anywhere else. I suppose that's the OCD talking. Maybe it was too many changes at once...

@Rach - Yes, and knowing you were home about that time, I was wondering if you were still there or if you'd headed back south - we were only there for an hour or so - we had places to go. Will's house is about an hour south-west of StL and there were cold beers waiting for us! :)