Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Boys Are Gross. Pass It On.

Mackenzie's and 4 of her friends from dance class entered the school talent show. There might be nothing cuter than 5 third-graders, sparkly from head to toe, dancing in sync to Madonna...

They are dancing their Jazz Dance from The Recital last month. Despite issues with their music (which wouldn't play, due to the CD being an MP3 recording), lack of costumes, stage positioning, and missing dancers, they gave it their all and made it past the audition. There really wasn't any doubt - they were the only group that showed up with any discernable talent and organization.

Yay!

So they decided to practice here yesterday. Five little girls, in my front yard, CD player blaring with Madonna singing "Hollywood", shakin' their booties and rockin' out to the beat. As time wore on, I noticed a fair amount of little boys moseyin' back and forth past my house. They finally found another boy home next door, and just parked their bikes and skateboards and pretended not to watch the Solid Gold Dancers In Miniature. It's the first time I had noticed Little Boy Testosterone giving attention to My Little Girl.

Freaky.

And I wish it to stop right here and now. Can I forbid adolescence?

No comments: