Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Listening to Mac

A year ago, I bought Mackenzie the Twilight series for her for Christmas. She promptly read them all in less than a week and then accosted me with the entire series, saying I MUST read them Right Now. But I was busy. I was painting the house and starting a new job and still adjusting to the addition of 3 more boys into our Girl House. And I didn't read them.

Then out of the blue, just after Christmas this year, I picked them up and read them all in under 2 weeks. The only reason I didn't read them more quickly was that pesky job of mine and my terribly annoying habit of falling asleep the moment I get horizontal.

I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED the entire series and each time I had to put one of them down, I couldn't wait to pick it back up again and learn what was happening with Bella next. They were an easy read and sometimes silly, but the story did it's job and took me away from Child Protection and dishes and 100-pound-meltdowns, to a Make Believe world for a short time each evening.

The moral of this story? We should all listen to Mackenzie. She knows of what she speaks.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I enjoyed the series also, but mostly because most of it was written and flimed in this area and it's fun to imagine those things happening in this neck of the woods. And I could drive to the place they had the dance party...if I could drive and I've been to Forks. and Port Angeles. And one of my facebook friends dad was in the movie. He was the storyteller.

Sylvia Plathypus said...

I was kind of the same way with the Twilight saga. My sister was obsessed from the moment Twilight first hit the shelves, and spent years nagging me to read them. Then, once all the books were finished and published, I decided to pick up Twilight and see what all the fuss was about. I made 3 more trips to Costco that week to get the rest of the books, since I couldn't IMAGINE waiting even one day to read the next installment! I even got my husband hooked that week, and I've since read the series all the way through 17 times. =) Talk about obsessed! LOL It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is, shall we say, no longer a victim of the teen angst of the books, yet still an enormous fan regardless. =) Also loving the other posts in your blog -- happy to have found another goodie to read and keep me entertained here on Blogger! ;)