Wednesday, December 23, 2009

7 Days:Day 5: Silver (Spiced Rum!)

Tim and I tried this Captain Morgan's Silver Spiced Rum last week at his work Christmas party. It was delicious and I've had a fair amount of it for dinner tonight.

And! A side note... Note the antlers I am wearing. Today was a weird day at work. Monday and Tuesday, no one wanted to report any child abuse or neglect. But today! Today, people who saw someone hurt a child 2 weeks ago (or longer!) decided to make a report. We did not understand this as it is Christmas Eve Eve and we planned on not working too much today. ANYWAY... So I wore these antlers in an attempt to keep our mood light and happy. THEN! I wore them home. I have 4 teenagers in my home. Alex (15, Nonverbal Autism) saw me and was so excited to see that Ma turned into Rudolph during the day and kept signing, "Rudolph"! Then, separately, I conversed with Joe (18), Dillon (21), and Mackenzie (15). Not a one of them mentioned that I was wearing antlers on my head. It was very surreal.

When asked, Mackenzie stated that it just didn't seem out of the ordinary to her.

No comments: