Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"The Time Has Come, the Walrus Said..."

I didn't want to write because I didn't want to sound sad.

And I'm not sad, per se. (How do you spell per se?) I'm just a little weirded-out.

One year ago today I asked my husband of 15 years for a divorce.

Today, the kids left for their first visit with their dad since the divorce.

And I did not cry. (Mostly, anyway.)

I did:
  • balance my checkbook
  • pay bills
  • put plastic on 2 of the 8 windows in my living room (sexy)
  • corral dustbunnies
  • gather up Christmas paraphernalia
  • organize my office supplies
  • make Mackenzie's bed
  • eat all the peanut clusters and chocolate-dipped pretzels
  • take a bubble bath
  • go to bed early (but not fall asleep)
  • read (The Virgin's Lover)
  • catch another cold
I didn't know what else to do - I just knew I needed to keep moving. Mom called me and asked if I wanted to come over for dinner. But I ate leftover Gumbo at 3:00 so I wasn't hungry for dinner and I feel like crap, so I went to bed instead.

Tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Paige)))

Anonymous said...

Being tomorrow here, indefinitely, it is better. Take my word for it.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You know, I'm still three hours behind you and always awake. Pick up the phone.