Saturday, June 23, 2007

Since We Last Talked...

  • Mackenzie started swim and dive practice
  • Dillon had his last day of work
  • Dillon went to his senior prom with his girlfriend Sam
  • both of my babies Graduated (Dillon from high school, Mac from elementary school)
  • I had MY last day of work (did you hear the celebration from there?)
  • Mac got Pink Eye AGAIN as did Scott, Debra, and Sam (Dillon's friends)
  • Chris has come and gone for the last time, taking half my stuff with him ;)
  • my parents visited and saw Dillon’s graduation
  • and we toured Manassas Battlefield
  • my sister, Alison, visited and attended Mac’s “promotion ceremony” with D and I
  • after which Mac had a 6th grade dance (where Alison and I schooled them on the Electric Slide)
  • and then I took her on my “Nazi Tour Guide Lady” Tour of DC - 10 miles in ONE day (My right hip STILL hurts. That was last Monday. No joke.)
  • and we went to Wiley’s birthday party AND out to dinner in the same night
  • on Tuesday and Wednesday I packed out and moved out (well, almost - we’re sleeping in the house on an air mattress until tomorrow, when we will go to Jeff & Lisa’s until Wednesday morning)
  • I vowed NEVER to live in a 3-story house EVER again
  • I have cleaned my house from top to bottom, including windows, chair rails, floor boards, and fan blades
  • Mac and I had dinner with Beth and Sheila last night at the Greek Restaurant in Old Town where our bill came to $200 (!)
  • Mackenzie had her first Swim Meet of the year
  • AND ROCKED THE HOUSE! She swam free, back, and back in the medley relay and is now the proud owner of 3 new Blue Ribbons!!!
  • Mac has her first Dive Meet tomorrow
  • and I bought* (ACTUALLY purchased - it’s a Done Deal) a ticket to San Diego for 10 days to visit with Annie in July for some much-needed R&R
*Which reminds me... Mom & Dad, will you watch Mac while I’m in SD? That’s why I was calling you tonight while you were in Americus trying to eat dinner (where the magical Verizon Technology has apparently not yet been discovered). I bought the tickets anyway, so I hope you say yes.

The End.

No comments: