Thursday, September 02, 2004

Camping

Tomorrow, Mom and Dad are taking the kids and I camping for the holiday weekend. They bought a camper-trailer-thing last spring, that sleeps 5 (6?). (I'm not sure if Dad read the fine print, but I'm sure it had to have said 5 midgets. Not 5 full-size people.)

So I should be fine.

I don't even remember the last time I was camping. High School? Before that? Girl Scouts? I don't know, but suffice it to say, "A long time. A reeeeeeeeeeeally loooooooooooong time." I am excited and alarmed at the same time.

What I DO remember, is that Every Single Time I've EVER been camping, it has rained on me. I know, everyone says that. But for me, it is Truth. Family camping trips in the tent, circa 1973. Rain. Brownie camping trips circa 1976. Rain. Junior Girl Scout camping trips circa 1978. More rain. Come to think of it, that's probably why I stopped camping.

So, dear Internet, if South-Central Indiana needs rain this weekend, please alert them that it's on the way.

S'mores.....mmmmmmm.

No comments: